Current Regime March/2019

Everything to do with Drying & Curing that doesn't belong elsewhere belongs here :P
Post Reply
User avatar
GreenLeafTalk
Site Admin
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:19 pm
Location: Ontario Canada

Current Regime March/2019

Post by GreenLeafTalk » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:53 pm

INCOMPLETE.
I am currently working on this quick reference guide. It still requires clear step by step instructions and confirmations of Room temperature and Humidity readings throughout the process.

My Regime:
Once my trichromes are about 80% amber, and the remaining 20% are clear or slightly foggy I will cut down my plant.
First I hang my plant in cold room/cellar with no extra vans etc's besides the cold room exhaust pipe (no inline fan or anything)
I have literally just put a new thermometer etc in there so that I can get high/low readings for temperature and relative humidity for this post.

I do a wet trim to ensure there are no sugar leaves or extra foliage sticking out past the majority of the bud mass/trichs etcs.

Each of the following days I test the drying process by bending a few of the smaller branches When the branches snap, but are not so dry that they "pop" I then cut the buds off of the main stem and move them into mason jars. It usually takes about 4 to 7 days before they are dry enough to move into the jars.

Once in the jars, I will "burp" the jars ones or twice a day for about 30 seconds each time. Burping them just means I remove the lid long enough for the air to exchange in the jar and to let out excess moisture during this slowed curing process.

I find that this proccess helps to keep the buds structure intact and both enhances the smell, taste, and colour profiles.


vincentlaw
Vegitative Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:29 am
Location: GEO
First Name:: MAx
Last Name:: Taranov

Re: Current Regime March/2019

Post by vincentlaw » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:51 am


BeJimmieRes
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:12 pm
Location: Syria
First Name:: BeJimmieRes
Last Name:: BeJimmieRes

Current Regime March/2019

Post by BeJimmieRes » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Farmers around here spray there crops with Roundup just before reaping. But if they spray Malting barley with it the brewerys will refuse it. So if you are worried about it drink more beer.

Post Reply